Main menu

Pages

Chelsea's Tuchel 'required not to play' before Everton opener | Football | Football Sport

featured image

Marcus Alonso has reportedly asked Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel not to select him for Saturday’s Premier League opener against Everton.The Spanish left-back is the subject of intense interest from Barcelona. It is understood that the cash-strapped Catalan club is in negotiations and is pushing to sign the defender this summer.

Alonso has made no secret of his desire to join the La Liga giants in the current window, and with Chelsea hiring his replacement in Marc Cucurella, the 31-year-old is more likely than ever. I was able to fulfill his wish.

The defender also appears to have already played his last game with the Blues following reports that he is not interested in participating in the current team’s Premier League match against Everton this weekend.

Alonso told Tuchel that he doesn’t want to face the Toffees at Goodison Park on Saturday night, according to Sport.

A Spanish outlet revealed that the left-back has not refused to play, but has requested that he not be called up for selection.

Do not miss it: De Jong ‘clashes with agent’ as Chelsea respond to Man United bid

Alonso seems destined for a move to Barcelona this summer, but the same can no longer be said of Chelsea comrade Cesar Azpilicueta.

The Blues captain was also understood to be on Blaugrana’s radar, but speculation surrounding the 32-year-old’s replacement of Stamford Bridge for the Camp Nou led him to write a new pair of pens in West London. After entrusting his future to the club, he was put to bed. Annual deal last week.

Alonso, who graduated from the academy of Barcelona rivals Real Madrid, joined Chelsea in 2016 from Serie A side Fiorentina on a deal worth around £24million. The player, who has made nine appearances for Spain, has made more than 200 appearances for the Blues, earning him six major honours, including one Premier League and one Champions League win with West London. did.

Alonso looks destined for a move to Barcelona this summer, but the same can no longer be said about Chelsea comrade Cesar Azpilicueta.The Blues captain was also understood to be on Blaugrana’s radar. But speculation over swapping the 32-year-old Stamford Bridge for the Camp Nou was put to bed after he penned two new pens and committed his future to the West London club. Annual deal last week.

read more
Chelsea ‘get the green light’ from second defensive target with timely Tuchel transfer boost
Chelsea to ‘internally discuss midfielder offer’ to Leicester over Wesley Fofana swap bid
Chelsea target Wesley Fofana flirting with transfer, mysterious Instagram activity

If Alonso completes a move to Barcelona in the coming weeks, he may have to wait for his league debut.

Barcelona remain embroiled in a devastating financial crisis, currently preventing them from registering many new summer deals with La Liga.

Xavi has already signed Rafinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kunde for huge transfer fees, while Frank Kesy and Alonso’s former Chelsea team-mate Andreas Christensen have also joined for free.

Barcelona will have to slash the club’s wages before many new stars are eligible to represent the club in the league.

Comments